Classic Holiday Chex Mix Recipe. This year, we created custom Chex mixes to go with your favorite holiday movies—Elf™, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation™, A Christmas Story™ and The Polar Express™—for memorable movie nights the whole family will cherish. From maple syrup to hot chocolate, our holiday movie-inspired recipes are easy enough for kids to make. When everyone at the couple's holiday party asked for the Chex™ Mix recipe, its popularity grew, until soon it was appearing on boxes of Wheat, Rice and Corn Chex™ being sold nationwide.
And is also a great holiday gift for friends and neighbors. The original back of the box recipe for Chex Mix is a staple in this house and a memorable part of many childhoods! Inspiration for this Christmas chex mix recipe. You can cook Classic Holiday Chex Mix Recipe using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Classic Holiday Chex Mix Recipe
- Prepare 3 cups of corn chex.
- Prepare 3 cups of rice chex.
- Prepare 3 cups of wheat chex.
- Prepare 2 cups of mixed nuts.
- Prepare 2 cups of mini pretzels.
- You need 1 cup of cheerios.
- You need 1 cup of baby gold fish cracker.
- You need 1.5 stick of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 3 tsp of seasoning salt.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
Well, the titty cookies (peanut butter blossom cookies) were inspired by Jason's family and with that came this Christmas chex mix recipe. Every single Christmas I have had with Jason's family, there has been an abundant amount of chex mix. Like those large popcorn tins full of chex mix. All-Sweet-Mix: Use Rice and Wheat Chex, Chocolate Chex, chocolate-covered pretzels, white and dark chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, mini Oreo cookies, and Reese's Peanut-Butter Cups.
Classic Holiday Chex Mix Recipe instructions
- Preheat oven to 250 F. Set out large baking dish deeper sides helps for stirring. I use a big aluminum disposible roaster pan..
- Mix chex mixs, in large bowl, add mixed nuts, pretzels, cheerios, and gold fish..
- In small sauce pan or in micriwave safe container. Melt butter add seasoning salt, onion and garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce stir thoroughly..
- Slowly pour butter mixture over dry chex mixture and stir continuously in small batches so as to to over saturate parts of the mix you want an even coating as possible. Stir 3 minutes then pour into baking sheet. Or sheets..
- Place sheets in oven and cook for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes.make sure when stirring you are exposing the more saturated pieces below so they can crisp up. Once done pour on paper towles and allow to cool. Enjoy!.
Make a sauce with butter, caramel and a pinch of salt to coat the dry cereal, cookies, and pretzels. This classic homemade original Chex mix recipe is so quick and easy to make, and so addictingly delicious that you won't be able to stop snacking on it! In large bowl, mix the chex cereals, mixed nuts, pretzels and bagel chips. Whether it's for a party, a car ride or a fun after-school snack, Chex Mix is the ultimate go-to. With a whole host of flavors, you're sure to find the one just right for you.