Coconut Burfi. Coconut burfi recipe – One of the most commonly made barfi recipe during festivals like holi, diwali, navratri. To make coconut burfi we do not need to check any string consistency. Kobbari Mithai recipe/Coconut burfi recipe in kannada/Nariyal burfi/Kayi burfi in Kannada.
The coconut burfi had a melt in the mouth soft texture. Coconut Burfi is made with coconut powder combined with a cardamom flavored sugar syrup. This is a scrumptious dessert or snack. You can have Coconut Burfi using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coconut Burfi
- It’s of ghee.
- It’s of desiccated cocount.
- It’s of and 1/2 cup milk.
- It’s of malai(milk cream).
- It’s of sugar.
- Prepare of Food color.
- It’s of cardamom powder.
- Prepare of Pistachio or almonds.
Coconut Burfi (Thengai Burfi) is a tasty south Indian sweet done on most of the festival days. Fresh grated coconut in cardamom flavoured sugar syrup. Coconut burfi is a traditional Indian sweet that is prepared for most festive seasons and special family occasions. The coconut burfi is simply made by cooking ground coconut and sugar.
Coconut Burfi step by step
- Take a pan, add 1/2 tsp ghee and desiccated coconut. Roast it for 4-5 minutes on the low flame gas.
- Add milk, milk cream, and sugar, mix all the ingredients and cook until it gets thick..
- Add 1 pinch food color,mix it well about 2 minutes.
- Add 1 tsp ghee and cardamom powder, mix well.Barfi mixture is ready.
- In a plate, grease some ghee and spread the burfi mixture in the plate.
- Cold it for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- After 30 minutes,cut it into the burfi shape with the knife.
- Now take it out into the another plate.
- Add some pistachio or almonds at the top.
Coconut burfi / thengai burfi is very easy to make and only with few ingredients. Easy step by step photos method, without sugar syrup consistency. I wonder why I have not attempted to make this. Coconut burfi is tasty traditional Indian sweet that can be made in minutes. Traditionally coconut burfi is made with milk but this is burfi recipe with Milk powder, desiccated coconut, and sugar.