Paksiw na Bangus Recipe. I like to have paksiw na bangus early in the morning with a serving of warm white rice and a cup of freshly brewed black coffee. How to Cook Paksiw na Bangus. PAKSIW NA BANGUS is one of the easy and quick Filipino dish recipe.
Milkfish, is the national fish of the Philippines, there are countless ways to cook the bangus just get your imagination and resourcefulness working and. Filipino Style Recipe: Paksiw na bangus(milk fish in vinegar and spices) is a quick and easy common dish by Filipinos. Paksiw na Bangus is a Filipino dish made with milkfish simmered in vinegar, garlic, onions and ginger. You can cook Paksiw na Bangus Recipe using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Paksiw na Bangus Recipe
- You need 1 1/2 of lbs. milkfish cleaned.
- Prepare 3 of thumbs ginger crushed.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic crushed.
- You need 1/2 cup of white vinegar.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1 piece of onion sliced.
- You need 1 piece of Chinese eggplant chopped.
- It’s 5 pieces of okra.
- Prepare 2 pieces of long green pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of whole peppercorn.
- You need to taste of Salt.
Drizzle oil on top and stir gently to combine. I'd love to see what you made!mention @Kawalingpinoy and hashtag your photo with #kawalingpinoy. Paksiw na bangus or stewed milkfish in vinegar is a local favorite specially those on the northern parts of Luzon. Cooking food with vinegar decreases the risk of microorganism contamination.
Paksiw na Bangus Recipe instructions
- Arrange ginger, garlic, okra, onion, long green pepper, peppercorn, and eggplant on the pot..
- Top with bangus.
- Pour water and vinegar. Apply heat and let boil. Cover and continue to cook in low to medium heat for 15 minutes..
- Add salt to taste. Transfer to a serving plate. Serve. Share and enjoy!.
Thus, food with sufficient vinegar are least likely to be suspect in food poisoning. Filipino bangus, or milkfish, simmers in a tangy, sour broth with eggplant, ginger, green chiles, and bitter melon to create this fish stew. Filipino bangus (milkfish) is cooked in vinegar with vegetables to make this delicious fish stew. Make ahead and serve with any meal. Paksiw na Bangus is also referred to as "milkfish stewed in vinegar".