Chicken Fajitas. So easy to make, and so quick. The method involves quickly searing the meat on a griddle or grill, and then slicing and serving with quickly seared peppers and onions. Chicken fajitas in the air fryer doesn't get any easier than this.
We can thank the cuisine of Tex-Mex for the classic fajita. Originally, the term referred to a grilled strip of meat served in a tortilla. Chicken Fajitas – healthy and seriously delish! You can have Chicken Fajitas using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Fajitas
- You need of canola oil, divided.
- Prepare of lemon juice.
- It’s of seasoned salt.
- You need of dried oregano.
- Prepare of ground cumin.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
- Prepare of chili powder.
- It’s of paprika.
- You need of crushed red pepper flakes (optional).
- It’s of boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips.
- It’s of medium sweet red pepper, julienned.
- You need of medium green pepper, julienned.
- It’s of medium yellow pepper, julienned (optional).
- You need of green onions, thinly sliced.
- You need of chopped onion.
- You need of flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed.
- Prepare of Optional: Shredded cheddar cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole, sliced red onions and sour cream.
Whenever I see rainbow coloured capsicum on sale at the stores, I immediately think of Fajitas. I know, I know, full points for (un)originality. Chicken fajitas are an easy and flavorful weeknight meal. A classic Mexican recipe, juicy chicken is seasoned, seared and cooked to perfection.
Chicken Fajitas step by step
- In a large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add the chicken. Turn to coat; cover. Refrigerate for 1-4 hours..
- While chicken is marinating, prepare and cut your peppers and onions..
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, sauté peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm..
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through..
- Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half. Serve with desired toppings..
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas – all baked together in one sheet pan – of course meaning clean up is a breeze! These Chicken Fajitas are an easy dinner with tender chicken breasts, bell peppers and sweet onions tossed in homemade seasonings and piled high on tortillas! Serve with your favorite toppings like sour. Sizzling hot chicken fajitas are what dinner dreams are made of. Slicing will save you cook time.