OCB..Oat, Cottage Cheese and Banana Flapjack/Pancakes. Healthy oatmeal cottage cheese pancakes that taste just like banana bread. Full of healthy carbs and protein, this recipe is the perfect post-workout meal. Put oatmeal IN my pancakes, duh.
Delicious protein pancakes made in a blender with ingredients like potassium rich banana, protein-packed cottage cheese and oats! This Oatmeal Cottage Cheese Pancake recipe is nutritious, filling and will give you a great start to the day. The texture of these simple Cottage Cheese Pancakes is simply perfect, and you would never be able to guess that this is a gluten-free pancake recipe. You can have OCB..Oat, Cottage Cheese and Banana Flapjack/Pancakes using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of OCB..Oat, Cottage Cheese and Banana Flapjack/Pancakes
- It’s 1 cup of Oatmeal.
- Prepare 2 cups of plain flour.
- It’s Half of a cup sugar.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Baking powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- It’s Half of teaspoon salt.
- It’s Half of a cup of Cottage Cheese.
- Prepare 2 of over ripe Bananas, mashed to a pulp.
- Prepare 1 cup of laban (mala, or plain drinking yoghurt).
- It’s Half of cup canola oil (corn oil or melted butter is great too).
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
Pancakes, flapjacks or griddle cakes – whatever you call them, they are an old favourite for breakfasts and snacks and the kids love them as well! Spread with peanut or macadamia nut butter. Top with cottage cheese and a fruit selection. Incredible single serving oatmeal pancakes that taste like banana bread.
OCB..Oat, Cottage Cheese and Banana Flapjack/Pancakes instructions
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a larger bowl, whisk together to aerate and to get the ingredients mixed. Make a well (hole) in the middle..
- In a separate smaller bowl, combine all the wet ingredients, whist together until they're well combined..
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl. Mix together, with a whisk to a porridge like consistency..
- Prepare your pan by lightly greasing it with oil..you can use two pans if you’re feeling Gangster enough..
- Spoon about a table spoon for each pancake.
- Use low to medium heat as the pancakes tend to burn very quickly.
- Serve with honey and lemon or Maple Syrup. And your favourite hot beverage, in my case, milky masala chai😍. Enjoy 🤗🤗..
High in protein and super delicious! Whole wheat pancakes are fluffier, healthier, and more delicious than white flour pancakes. My family devours them like dessert. If we're being honest, no one is more surprised than me at how legit these pancakes are. As someone who claimed for years not to like cottage cheese, these pancakes were the gateway that finally made me a believer.