Crispy Tofu and Pork. Try this simple and easy to prepare Filipino merienda (snack), Tokwa't Baboy. This is perfectly paired with Arroz Caldo or Goto. Let's try our simple and the best filipino dish or appetizer called tokwa't baboy (tofu & pork) Ingredients: Pork,Tofu,Red chili pepper,Green chili,Soy.
Introducing crispy tofu bánh mì: We swapped the pork this classic Vietnamese sandwich for a meatless alternative that's just as tasty. The original crispy tofu snack is deep fried until crispy and golden. It is then served in a brown sauce that is garlicky and slightly sweet. You can cook Crispy Tofu and Pork using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crispy Tofu and Pork
- You need 1 of firm tofu cut into strips.
- It’s 250 of g-500g pork belly cut into strips.
- You need 5 tablespoons of Soy sauce approx.
- You need of Spring onions approx 1 teaspoon or depends on your liking.
- It’s 1 pc of bird’s eye chili cut in small pieces.
- Prepare 1 dash of sugar.
- You need 4 tablespoons of approx white vinegar.
- It’s 1 of bit of oil.
Wrap a few layers of cheesecloth (or kitchen paper towel) outside the tofu, and place a small tray with a heavy weight on top. The weight can be a jar of pickles or. To maintain maximum crispiness post-frying, move the fried tofu to a wire cooling rack while you finish cooking. When placed directly on a plate, one side If refrigerated, the pieces will lose their crispiness and become chewy.
Crispy Tofu and Pork instructions
- Slice the tofu into strips, spray oil in air fryer first to prevent sticking and put the tofu in airfryer at 200deg celcius temperature in 20mins. Spray also some oil on top of the tofu. You can make it longer if you want it to be crispier..
- Then after tofu is cooked. Put the pork strips in air fryer at same temperature for 15mins. No need to add as it will render its own oil in the fryer..
- After both are done set aside and make the sauce separately mixing the soy sauce, vinegar, spring onions, sugar and a bit of birds eye chili. Save some spring onions and birds eye chili for topping..
- Then pour over the sauce on the tofu and pork and garnish with the spring onions and birds eye chili then serve.
If you have leftover tofu, though, don't toss it! I have a deep fondness for these. Learn how to make the best crispy tofu in this recipe video. This crispy tofu is baked, not fried, and it's easy to make! Crispy bites of tofu with a crunchy exterior and a creamy interior.