Wholewheat Garlic Pan Pizza Dough. This whole wheat pizza dough recipe is easy to make, it's naturally sweetened with a bit of honey, and it is mega-delicious. Sprinkle a baking sheet or pizza stone evenly with the cornmeal, then place the dough on the baking sheet. Top the dough with your desired.
All Reviews for Whole Wheat and Honey Pizza Dough. I was in search of a whole wheat pizza dough and this one is great. My family likes it with olive oil fresh home grown tomatoes fresh garlic italian seasoning and mozzarella cheese. You can cook Wholewheat Garlic Pan Pizza Dough using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Wholewheat Garlic Pan Pizza Dough
- Prepare of wholewheat flour.
- Prepare of whole purpose flour.
- You need of warm water.
- It’s of instant yeast.
- You need of sugar.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of tblsp garlic powder.
- Prepare of EVOO.
Salt gives my whole wheat pizza crust a little flavor. Pizza dough without salt tastes bland regardless of the toppings. I tested with two different amounts Not all pizza dough recipes use cornmeal to dust the pan, but I prefer it. The main reason you sprinkle cornmeal onto the bottom of your pizza pan is.
Wholewheat Garlic Pan Pizza Dough step by step
- Mix flour with instant yeast for 30 seconds in large bowl..
- Add sugar, salt and garlic powder and stir to combine..
- Add water and EVOO and stir to combine. Knead dough in bowl until well combined and dough is smooth..
- Add approximately 1 tblsp of EVOO to bowl and coat bowl and dough..
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and allow to rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size. Alternatively, you can place in refrigerator for a slower rise for approximately 8 hours. Take out of fridge approximately 2 hours before cooking to allow dough to get to room temperature..
- Punch down dough to release the air and knead for approximately 30 seconds..
- This recipe will yield enough dough to make two 10 inch pan pizzas. Cut dough in half and shape into a ball then cover with a clean kitchen towel. If the dough feels very sticky add flour to the cutting board and lightly dust dough with flour before shaping. Let dough rise for second time until double in size about 10 – 20 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees for about an half hour..
- Stretch dough with hand into a circle and place in the cast iron skillet. Continue to stretch dough until it forms the shape of the pan..
- Add your favourite pizza toppings and bake for 15 minutes. Given oven temperatures vary, check the pizza after 10 minutes. The dough should be slightly brown on the edges and underneath..
Nothing beats a fresh homemade whole wheat pizza dough that is incredibly healthy, and preservative -free. Try this delicious whole wheat thin crust pizza dough. A healthy version of pizza that the whole family will enjoy. Add all the dough ingredients (in the order listed) in the bread pan of bread machine. Process according to manufacturer's instructions for a dough setting.