Winging it Pot Roast Stew. Pot roast is a large piece of meat which is cooked in one piece and served in a little gravy of its own which keeps it moist and flavored. On the other hand, beef stew is made of smaller chunks of meat cooked in a pot full of liquid along with some vegetables like potatoes, onions, carrots and others. In this easy cooking video, I make a simple pot roast, or stew, using a boneless beef chuck roast, in my Crock-Pot slow cooker.
After you turn it over add a small sliced onion (so it browns a little too), then add a few chopped garlic cloves. Sprinkle in some Lipton onion soup mix and cover with beef broth. Simmer (don't boil too hard) for a couple hours. You can cook Winging it Pot Roast Stew using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Winging it Pot Roast Stew
- You need of Chuck roast.
- You need of salted butter.
- Prepare of Rub of Sweet and Smokey, Garlic Herb blend, Onion Garlic blend.
- You need of medium onions one diced one quartered.
- Prepare of Minced Garlic.
- You need of can 10 Barrel Profuse Juice or other Beer.
- It’s of Water.
- It’s of Generous Worcestershire.
- Prepare of baby or quartered potatoes.
- You need of Small bag baby carrots.
And the meat, potatoes, carrots and flavorful gravy all come together in ONE POT for the easiest clean up ever. Plus, the meat comes out so amazingly tender! Pot roast was a one-pot wonder long before that was a term for homey dishes that are both inexpensive and require little hands-on cooking. This dish has long been the Sunday night dinner that makes a large number of servings (and incredible leftovers) while perfuming the whole house.
Winging it Pot Roast Stew step by step
- Melt butter in hot pot, add Garlic..
- Rub roast with rub mix. Brown all sides. Add diced onion until soft..
- Add beer, water and Worcestershire..
- Add Quartered Onion and potatoes..
- Bring to boil. Simmer on low for 3 hours, add carrots..
- Simmer until all are done and roast falls apart..
- Shred roast. Add 2T flour and water in a slurry. Stir. Remove from heat..
This Instant Pot Pot Roast is so tender it falls apart when you try to take it out. Pot roast is a classic recipe of protein, vegetables, and sauce that all cooks in one pot. The ingredients gently simmer in a slow cooker, so dinner's ready Due to it's naturally higher amounts of connective tissue and marbeling, low and slow moist-heat cooking methods like braising and stewing work best. Reviews for: Photos of Easy Pressure Cooker Pot Roast. Bring out roast and cut into small bite size pieces.