Thanksgiving Turkey. The turkey is the centerpiece of any Thanksgiving table — so it's no surprise that cooking the perfect bird can feel like an overwhelming task at times. Turkey is the star of the show. Make a bird that everyone will rave about.
Make sure you nail it with our recipes for turkey and gravy, plus get tips and tricks on preparation, carving, and presentation. F&W's ultimate Thanksgiving turkey recipes guide features classic, fast and ethnic turkeys; plus tips for perfect roasting and game plans for a stress-free celebration. The National Thanksgiving Turkey Presentation is a ceremony that takes place at the White House every year shortly before Thanksgiving. You can cook Thanksgiving Turkey using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thanksgiving Turkey
- It’s 1 of whole thawed Turkey.
- It’s 1 cup of butter.
- Prepare of Canola or vegetable oil.
- Prepare of Trussing twine.
- You need of Course salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- Prepare of Aromatics.
- It’s 1 of red apple, quartered.
- Prepare of Red onion, halved.
- You need 1 of cinnamon stick.
- You need of Star anise.
- Prepare leaves of Fresh sage.
- Prepare sprigs of Fresh rosemary.
- You need 1 cup of chicken stock.
The President of the United States is presented with a live domestic turkey by the National Turkey Federation (NTF). With these variations on the classic Thanksgiving turkey recipe, your dinner spread will never look, smell or taste better. Nevertheless, turkeys were not yet synonymous with Thanksgiving. Easy Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe: How to Cook Tender Juicy Turkey – How to Make Homemade Turkey Gravy.
Thanksgiving Turkey step by step
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Combine aromatics and stock in a microwave safe dish and microwave on full power for 5 minutes. You can also perform this on a stovetop. Just place ingredients into a small sauce pan, with a lid, bring to a boil and remove from stove. Set aside to cool..
- Remove items from turkey cavity (giblets, neck, etc,). Pat dry with paper towels. Gently, starting from the cavity and working toward the neck, push your hands between the skin and meat of the bird. Work slowly to not tear the skin. Melt butter in a microwave safe dish and then pour the butter in between the skin and meat..
- Take the steeped aromatics now that they have cooled and place into the cavity..
- Tie the legs of the bird together with cooking twine. Tie a strand of cooking twine around the breast and wings to keep snug..
- Rub the bird in vegetable or canola oil and season with salt and pepper. Place breast side down, and put into oven on bottom rack. Set a timer for 30 minutes..
- At 30 minutes drop the temp to 350°F. Start basting every 45 minutes, by taking out of the oven and. 45 minutes until bird is ready, flip over. Cut center truss string and remove. Check temp by inserting thermometer into side of breast. Once it's at 165, remove bird to rest for 15 minutes..
Mastering the turkey basics can be tricky. Don't chance your Thanksgiving MVP on any ol' roast turkey recipe. Did Pilgrims Eat Turkey at Thanksgiving? Whether or not they ate turkey, we do know that many of the Thanksgiving dishes that we enjoy today were not served at the Plymouth feast. Get trusted recipes for preparing the perfect holiday bird.