Potato pancakes with smoked salmon. Drain in a colander and rinse under cold running water to stop the cooking. Top each pancake with a dollop of the crème fraîche and a few slivers of salmon. Arrange on a serving platter, sprinkle with the chives and serve immediately.
Add parsley, salt and pepper, to taste. Remove from pan and place on a paper towel to dry. When slightly cooled, spread sour cream on top, sprinkle red onion and lay the smoked salmon. You can have Potato pancakes with smoked salmon using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato pancakes with smoked salmon
- You need of potatoes (I think I used Russet).
- It’s of small onion.
- Prepare of of a beaten egg.
- Prepare of flour.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Frying oil.
- It’s of Smoked salmon.
- You need of Sour cream.
- It’s of Capers.
- Prepare of Fresh dill.
- It’s of Lemon wedges.
Potato blinis topped with smoked salmon, homemade horseradish cream. Set aside until ready to serve. For the potato pancakes, fill a pan with boiling salted water. Add the potatoes and cook until soft.
Potato pancakes with smoked salmon instructions
- Shred the potatoes and onion into a bowl (I use a box grater)..
- Mix the grated potatoes and onion together, then squeeze the mix hard to get rid of as much moisture as you can (I do this by hand in batches)..
- Thoroughly mix the flour and 1/2 the beaten egg into the potato and onion mix. Season to taste..
- Heat the oil over high heat. I use soy bean oil and fill the saute pan with enough oil to cover the bottom of the saute pan with about 1/4 inch..
- Mold the mix into balls using your hands, place the balls in the oil, then press with a spatula to flatten them a bit..
- Cook on both sides until crispy and brown..
- Remove the pancakes from the oil and place on paper towels or metal drip rack to remove grease..
- Top with salmon, sour cream, dill, and capers, garnish plate with lemon wedges, and serve while pancakes are still warm..
- Bask in girlfriend's appreciation..
Place potatoes and onions on clean kitchen towel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible by twisting the top and sides tightly. Combine potatoes, onions, egg and flour in large bowl. Add the potatoes to a pan of salted water and bring up to the boil. Tip the egg mixture into the potatoes and beat together until smooth. Ideal brunch recipe with potato pancakes and smoked salmon and caviar.